Monday, August 8, 2011

.say what?.



Something sweet:

One Saturday, Nate was at the table eating his snack and here's what I overheard.  Completely unprompted, mind you.

Nathan: "Dear Jesus, please let it rain. My Daddy says we need rain. But no funder, ok, I don't like funder. It will help my Mommy's flowers grow too. Ok? Thank you. Bye. Amen"

Btw - there's NO hope for my flowers with these 100+ temperatures.  Sheesh!



Something sour not so sweet:

Nathan: (after I told him to go use the restroom and wash his hands before eating lunch) "Mom, if you raise your voice to me my T-Rex is going to eat you!  Do you understand?"

Me: (trying not to bust out laughing) "Um, first of all, you don't talk to Mommy this way.  Second of all, I'm mightier that your T-Rex!  How do you like them apples?!"

Nathan: "What apples?"

Me: (rolling my eyes) "Nevermind, just go do what I told you to do, please!"

 

One day, Nathan was "in a mood" and didn't like what I was asking him to do.  It was something routine. He was frustrated with me and here's what he said.

Nathan: "Mommy, I don't like how you're talking to me! I'm going to leave this house and go to Houston! 

His Tia Z (aunt) lives in Houston.

Me: "Oh, ok, well let me know how that works out for ya!"

At times, we have trouble with Nathan talking a little too much during ANY mealtime resulting in him not eating like he usually does.  One day he started in and I had to get a little stern with him. Here's how THAT turned out.

Me: "Nathan Andres!! Stop talking and eat your dinner, please!"

Nathan: (looking at me with a smile as if nothing was wrong) "Good job saying my name, Mom!"

Me: (I just pointed at his food and gave him "the look")

It was very difficult not to laugh, but I kept it together.


Lord, help me he's only three (and a half) years old!


post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my boy! ; )

Shanita said...

Where do they get this stuff! Good job holding it together though!!!

Post a Comment